Monday, July 21, 2008

Traveling the Trail with TippingSprung

On Friday, I met Allan and Bridget at the airport and I was excited to finally have traveling companions. Allan and Bridget work for TippingSprung (our branding consultants) and were here to spend a week traveling the trail and getting feedback from people along the trail.

We started the week at the French Fest in Cape Vincent. The French Fest highlighted all that Cape Vincent has to offer while paying tribute to it’s past. There were delectable French pastries, delightful parades, and two dazzling craft fairs.

On Monday, we began at Fort Ontario, where Bridget and I got a tour (and history lesson) from two reenactors working there.


Next we went to Sodus Point Beach. The weather wasn’t very cooperative and we didn't get to spend much time there, but it was cool to walk down the pier and look out over the lake, at the beach and the Sodus Point Lighthouse.


Tuesday, we were joined by Teresa, the President of the Seaway Trail Corporation and went to Brown’s Berry Patch where there was so much to do. It was great to have people with me so that I could step away from the booth and see what was going on. There were fields of fresh fruits and vegetables (blueberries, which are my favorite, were just coming into season and very tasty), also there was a petting zoo, restaurant, gift shop and ice cream stand. I made sure that I got an ice cream cone before I left, even if it did ruin my appetite for dinner. (Sorry mom!)

Wednesday we went to the Niagara Falls Outlet Mall. Unfortunately, we had to leave early due to a storm. However, I made up for it by doing my part to spend my stimulus check and boost the economy (which was really unfortunate for my bank account).

Thursday morning, we went to the Seaway Trail Discovery Center in Hamburg, where we got to sit out on the porch, looking over Lake Erie and talk with travelers coming through.


Thursday afternoon, we headed down the Chataqua Wine Trail to Woodbury Vineyards where we got to try some great wine, and I found the coolest gift shop item, a flip flop coaster that stays on your wineglass!

Friday brought us down to Erie, Pa. where my travel companions and I went our separate ways. Allan, Bridget and Teresa went home and I headed out to the Tom Ridge Center at the entrance to Presque Isle. Once I took down the set-up, I still had some time to go around the Tom Ridge Center and indulge my inner-child with the awesome interactive displays.


Saturday, I headed out to Roar on Shore (Erie’s motorcycle rally) to hopefully get some surveys as people were going into the stunt show and concert. Unfortunately, the weather again didn’t cooperate, but it cleared up enough that the show was able to go on.

No comments: