Saturday, June 14, 2008

Taking Off On My Journey

My first stop on the Experience the Journey Summer Tour was the Pultneyville House Tours. Pultneyville’s Historic District is comprised of over 30 houses from the 1800’s that still retain their beauty as they approach their 200th birthdays. Some of these houses even withstood fire from the British during a skirmish in the War of 1812. The Pultneyville Historical Society did an excellent job of organizing the tour of many of these historic homes. Even the rain couldn’t keep visitors away!
Luckily for me, Nan Hance at the Artisan’s Loft (an awesome art gallery located right in Pultneyville along the Seaway Trail) let me hide underneath the overhang in front of the gallery, so I wouldn’t get wet!
Even though it rained, this was a great start to my tour and I can’t wait to see what’s down the road for next week…

No comments: