Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Free Ice Cream in Massena!!!

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the St. Lawrence-FDR Project, the New York Power Authority invited the community to come to the visitors center for an evening of music, ice cream, and fireworks. And you know that I was there for the free ice cream!
Free ice cream aside, the evening was a great time. The interactive displays in the Visitors Center helped me to burn off the calories from the ice cream.



Meanwhile, live music outside entertained everyone as we enjoyed the view and the great weather. The evening concluded with a booming fireworks display (I say booming not only because the fireworks were loud, but they also echoed off the dam, giving a new twist to the display).

The night flew by (especially after working the whole weekend at Harborfest) and before I knew it, I was moving on…

No comments: